Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Friction heater running in my house

Started by oilpiggy, October 31, 2012, 02:25:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oilpiggy

I am thinking the Math should of been more like this.

10 Minutes later water temp was 86F @ 3.5 Amps. watts 770, Temp rise in 5 min  8F / 5= 1.6 x 16.33=  26.128 BTU min x 60 min = 1567.68 BTU/h          "and so on"              133.28 BTU min,  x 60 = 7996.8 BTU/h
15 Minutes later water temp was 95 @ 3.4 Amps. watts 748, Temp rise in 5 min    9F  149.94 BTU min,  x 60 = 8996.4 BTU/h
20 Minutes later water temp was 102 @ 3.3 Amps. watts 726, Temp rise in 5 min  7F  116.62 BTU min,  x 60 = 6997.2 BTU/h
25 Minutes later water temp was 108 @ 3.2 Amps  watts 704, Temp rise in 5 min  6F  99.96   BTU min,  x 60 = 5997.6 BTU/h

Now I have a target Temp rise to hit with my 2 gallons of water test bucket, running @ 800 watts max, I need to see 3 F per min. or better.

SkyWatcher123

Hi folks, Hi oilpiggy, I think it's time to get this thread going again, it's getting cold again, hehe.
Well, i decided to give it another shot, this time I'm cutting my own 22 gauge steel disks by hand, though without oilpiggy's stationary intervening plates, like the design shown in patrick kellys chapter 14.
I was testing with just the one 6-5/8" diameter steel disk today at around 2100 rpm and in a minute, it was starting to heat up nicely, Unfortunately, this particular aluminum drum was using a paint can previously as the rotating part and it must have damaged the high temp. sealant, so it was leaking a bit.
So i reapplied sealant again and waiting to dry for further testing.
Using the 300 watt rated drill press motor was pulling 250 watts on killiwatt meter at around 2100 rpm, no load is around 140 watts if i remember correctly.
Plan on adding more disks after i test the single disk a bit more.

How are things going with your heater oilpiggy. ;) :)

mscoffman

I notice that oilpiggy hasn't been on the overunity.com site since Feb 2014.

But if you go to youtube.com and type in oilpiggy user name into the search box,
you should find he has put up a number of excellent videos in the last year. His latest
shows how to assemble his unit so is telling as to how well it runs.

I was hoping he would show an optimized delta frequency control to maximize
total heat output based in the changes in working fluid viscosity but I realize this
is a bit much.

He appears to be looking towards continuous water heating. His unit appears
excellent in design.

:S:MarkSCoffman

oilpiggy

Hello everyone,

I am still around and I am still working on the Friction heaters. I just have not been on any forums, it is much easier for me to just up load videos and then reply to Emails.

One more thing Don't waste your time with the design shown in patrick kellys chapter 14, It is crap! I have tried to get him to update the design but he just does not want to. Never the less that will lead you down a road that will make you feel like you have lost time in something that does not work. If you follow my design you will Great success and also be very happy about the heat output.

DOT5, or Glycol systems seem to hold up in my design and be able to hold over long run times @ F275 to F350, If you Run the DOT5 you will have to vent to the out side, with Glycol you have to keep it hydrated, nevertheless they both work very well.

SkyWatcher123

Hi folks, thanks for the info coffman, though just wanted to share here what results i find with this design.
Hi oilpiggy, thanks for the reply and the tip, though i don't think anything is a waste of time, always something to learn, besides i don't have access to machines to be able to make what you have.
And my goal has always been to build something that anyone can build with typical cheap tools.
I can see a way to build the stationary spacer plates and rings your design has without using machining, though for now, i will test this design more in depth.
You say this design is crap, does that mean you have tried this arrangement and did not get good heat output?
So far, the results are fairly good, considering it has only one 6-1/2" diameter, 22 gauge steel disk so far.
It reached 140F in around 10 minutes, not great, but it's a start.
Will be making another disk and see how much heat 2 disks will output and so on.
In case anyone is or will be trying this alternate design.
After i used sheet metal snips to cut steel disk and drilled shaft hole, i had to create a template using cad and printed it, cut it out and placed on top of steel disk with shaft and nuts holding it together. 
Then using metal snips, cut the excess metal and this made the disk much closer to a true circle and ran much better in the machine.
This was needed, because it is difficult with hand tools or even a drill press, to get an exact hole drilled in the center of the disk.
Will post further results when i get them.
peace love light :)