Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Friction heater running in my house

Started by oilpiggy, October 31, 2012, 02:25:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

monetteint

I am herefor the first time on overunity forum. In this tread, this heater is very  interesting. I have question, and if somebody can answer to me. Is it possible to conect this heater with heat pump and make better results in heating home? Sorry for my english , Iam from Serbia!
Best regards to all of you on this forum.
Monetteint, Belgrade, Serbia 

oilpiggy

@ Skywatcher,

Yes you right about learning,. and yes I have replicated that design after having a conversation with Kelly.
It was a 6" made just like you see in chapter 14. It was an EPIC fail.!I reported back with still no changes in the Book, I am not sure why but I guess he has is reasons. Of course if someone wants to build that then more power to them, they will not be satisfied with it at the end of the day. There are many ways of making my style of heater with a lathe, but really you can pick one up for a few hundred dollars on Craigs list and if you into building and experimenting then I am sure you will be using it for many other projects.

@ monetteint,

The answer is yes!  feel free to email me @ frictionheater@hotmail.com if you would like.

Best wishes to everyone's builds

SkyWatcher123

Hi folks, Hi oilpiggy, thanks for the additional information.
So far I have to agree, the design in chapter 14 is not the best design, though if it is changed a bit, it can be better.
I added two more disks for a total of 3 steel disks.
The addition of these disks did not show much of an increase in the rate of heating, nor the max. temperature plateau.
It seems that 2 disks is plenty with the Kelly design, it can reach 184F., though it takes almost an hour to get to that temperature, so not ideal.
The drum style rotor outperforms this design, though with that said, the drill press motor was only drawing 250 watts to reach that 184F., so in that respect, it may be usable to heat a smaller room.
It seems that the friction heater principle needs two close metal surfaces of decent surface area with the oil in between, to yield quicker heat up times and higher temps.
The Kelly design does not have that, so i assume it is just the friction happening between the oil and the disk itself, though if that is the case, then why did the rate of heating not increase with added disks.
Disks used 1/4" gap between each disk.
So maybe the disks are spinning up the oil and maybe it is the oil making contact with aluminum stationary cylinder, that may be the main cause of heat generation in this design, which might explain why added disks have little effect.
I have some ideas on how to make the stationary plates and spacers using a proper material like steel, instead of the failed method i tried previously, using wood wrapped in aluminum, which did not work.

So the question I have been pondering oilpiggy, the P. Kelly book design is very similar to your design, except your design has the stationary plates very close to the rotating disks, why do you think when adding more disks to the Kelly design, is not yielding quicker heating and higher temperature?

The rotating drum design is rotating the oil quickly around the inside of the aluminum cylinder, probably the small space helps also.
Though your design, is taking the oil and flinging it outward from the center of each disk, with probably the same added advantage of the closely spaced adjacent steel plate to add friction.
I know your heater works well, I'm only trying to comprehend what are the key aspects contributing to the heating effect.
Any information is greatly appreciated, thanks. :)
peace love light

oilpiggy

If you feel like you can make that design better with some mods then hats off to you. :)
I will make one out of clear plastic to show the fluid flow, Remember I do not use oil anymore.

Best wishes on your build. It's nice to see other people working in this field.

SkyWatcher123

Hi oilpiggy, thanks for the reply.
Wow, that would be a good thing I think, to see the fluid flow.
I'm not sure how to make Kelly's design much better, I'm thinking more how to build your design without using a lathe, etc., only using hand tools and drill press, etc..
Have you wanted to see the fluid motion yourself, is that why you are saying you are going to make in clear plastic?
If you oilpiggy or anyone else has any ideas how to make your design without a lathe, I would greatly appreciate hearing any ideas.
Otherwise, i will start to fiddle with ways to make it with common tools, etc..
peace love light :)