Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

The Tesla Project

Started by allcanadian, January 22, 2008, 05:56:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wattsup

@amigo

Usually, when someone wants to bash someone else, as a sign of common courtesy to others, the person in question will first state to whom their grand tirade is destined,

Please modify your post and add to whom you are yelling at. We're all ears.

By the way, reading these 10 small pages of thread will not teach you anything. Experimenting will.

But regardless of who you are really talking to, I think you are really barking up the wrong tree. Some people are here day after day, others come once in a while to see what's go'in on, and some, that we understand to have a good grasp of alot of these answers simply because of their greater devotion to study and experimentation come in once and a while and lay it down. So what. Does not mean they have it all. I am sure in many ways, they are also learning from what we try here.

@Ren

There are guys here that use them all the time but they know what they are doing much more then me. There is a guy called @zpfe that  lately wanted to sue Bearden, Bedini and Lindeman and asked members what they thought of this. The guy knows something about PWM so I am putting a part of his last post before he apparently left the forum for good. Too bad, he would have been a good help here.

I’ve been designing embedded PWM motor controllers for a living for over 20 years. I do know a thing or 2 about this subject. The recoil pulse is not wasted. The inherent body diode inside the Mosfet puts this pulse across the large capacitor that is between the positive supply and ground. (We use schottky diodes for bypass, because it’s faster in response time than the body diode inside the mosfet and it dissipates the heat that the mosfet would have had to deal with).
The rough formula is 100uF for every 1 amp current to the motor.
That is the largest electrolytic capacitor(s) on each and every PWM speed controller.
Unquote

The link to that half page thread is here;
http://www.overunity.com/index.php/topic,5619.msg127796.html#msg127796

Another forum member @gotoluc has recently introduced another new member @JohnUrbanowski I call him @JU for short. He has made a pretty niffty little battery charging circuit that uses some SS but he is paying close attention to the flyback using a return diode, I think just as @zpfe referred to.

That thread is only one page and starts here;
http://www.overunity.com/index.php/topic,5621.msg127695.html#msg127695

clone477

Wattsup and all,
After reading through the controller patents, I had an idea for the controller.  Tesla used liquid conductors and insulators for the contacts.  I dont know if this would work but I'm willing to try it.  Im thinking of submersing the controller in and insulating liquid, like oil.  Im thinking this might stop alot of the arching Ive been seeing??  Does anyone see any problem with that idea??  Fern

wattsup

@clone477

In those patents, Tesla is using mercury as a liquid conductor. As the controller rotates via the coil/armature, the mercury is jetted onto each contact making the connections. Other patents are using the same type of method but with rotating brushes or other rotations.

I don't think putting a relay in oil will help. It may actually slow down the movement of the contacts, inhibit proper contact or at worst case, catch on fire.

I think the good thing about those patents is the general information in them and the confirmation of Teslas continued quest to make the ultimate contact. The level of his design elaborations is only a testament to the level of his concern. He wanted better contacts and knew they were of utmost importance. As I was reading through those patents, it was as if Tesla was sitting right beside me talking about a problem we are having today, but that he had over 100 years ago.

Yes there has to be a better way, but what? Now what if a contact had more then one contact. What if, instead of using a relay with one common, one n/o and one n/c, you had a relay with 5 or 10 of these contacts all in parallel. Would this spread out the spark but maintain the same energy transfer punch. Hmmm.

Goat

@ clone477

I have tried using olive oil to quench the spark on my SSG setup see http://www.overunity.com/index.php/topic,5024.msg111777.html#msg111777 but what I noticed is that the spark is still there so it's not the same as a magnetic quench setup or liquid metal contacts.

Regards,
Paul

clone477

Wattsup,
Tesla also said that he used either mercury as a contact OR and electrolyte, thats a safer option.