Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Buoyancy wheel inside two conditions.

Started by Low-Q, March 04, 2009, 11:29:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Low-Q

Hi,

I have an idea on how a Buoyancy wheel might work. What we already know is that these wheels does not work, but I have been thinking a little, and tried to imagine what would happen if just the half wheel was under water.

If you take the picture below as an example. (This is a drawing I made a long time ago but I have modified it a bit).
The vacuum tubes is altered in volume, and a rod is fixed on each oposite piston which seal the vacuum. To move this rod back and forth does not require energy other than friction. So it is easy to increase emty space on one side and reduce it on the oposite side. The initial idea was to produce more buoyancy on one side than the oposite side. The idea was further to alow the greater buoyancy on one side to force the wheel to turn around.
The problem is that the weight of water this wheel is trying to push from the bottom of the wheel to the top, requires as much energy as the energy from the buoyancy. So it won't work.

So I had another idea. I filled the water tank half full. So the wheel does not have to move water upwards, beyond the wheels axis, and to the pistons on the top.
Instead, with the half full tank, the water is just moved sideways, or is just tumbeling around in the tank going nowhere. Moving mass sideways does not require energy! The pistons in the bottom of the wheel is moving upwards on both left and right side, so the forces acting on the pistons cancels out. The best had been if the pistons was as hig or higher than water level (not shown), so no force from the water is acting at the pistons at all.

Then you have a wheel where the weight of the mass rotating is practically less on the bottom than the top - all the time. And the lowest weight is on one side of the wheel, and the greater weight is on the other side - all the time.

So left I have only one force to care about, and that is the buoyancy force on the right side which is forcing the wheel to spin counter clockwise.

However, I have a feeling that there is something I have missed. So PLEASE anyone, can you try to find out why this new wheel does not work.

All replies is welcome - but please try to stay objective :)

Br.

Vidar

brian334

It does take energy to move mass sideways.

Low-Q

Quote from: brian334 on March 04, 2009, 11:45:11 AM
It does take energy to move mass sideways.

Thanks @brian334, I will think on that. My thought was that it only requires energy to acellerate mass in order to move it from A to B, but the kinetic energy is going back when deaccelerating before that mass stops at point B. So no net work is done.

Br.

Vidar

brian334

When things move there is friction, you need to add energy to the system to overcome friction.

Low-Q

Quote from: brian334 on March 04, 2009, 12:41:44 PM
When things move there is friction, you need to add energy to the system to overcome friction.

Yes, you're right, but friction is a variable factor that isn't directly related to mass, size, torque, or force etc, so it is controllable as it can be minimized or changed regardless of potential energy found in torque or forces.
I mean, if the friction is all that is to make the water in the tank above moving around, that friction can be changed or controlled. I have taken into consideration that there will be friction, and inertia through water, and inside bearings etc., but what I am looking for is if there is a directional force or torque that works more in one direction than the other - regardless of friction. If it is, the torque will potentially start this wheel even with friction in it.

Do you have any opinion about the design by the way - even if its so there is friction?

Br.

Vidar