Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Thane Heins Perepiteia Replications

Started by hartiberlin, May 28, 2009, 05:54:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Harmonic33

Wow.

Awesome work everyone!!!!!!  ;D

If only all threads could be this to-the-point and free of Nay-Sayers.

Good luck all.

baroutologos

One more thing that has haunt my mind.

Thane, has repeatedly stated that HV coils start from a point and onward to act more as capacitors than inductors.

It is well known the Tesla patent that describes how to enhance capacitative aspect of an inductor, i.e. wound a coil bifilar and then series connecting the wires.

I plan to make it as soon as have my motor up and running. But, i am also an impatient person. :) I urge anyone with a minimum setup ready to give a try to the concept and report findings.

regards,
Baroutologos

i_ron

Quote from: Harmonic33 on June 02, 2009, 06:08:35 AM
Wow.

Awesome work everyone!!!!!!  ;D

If only all threads could be this to-the-point and free of Nay-Sayers.

Good luck all.

Thanks Harmonic,

All,

As was pointed out very early in the old list the motor T used was the worst possible choice to get meaningful results. I used it just to stay close to his conditions for replicating.

The RV on the other hand also has some short comings but as long as you are comparing ap ples and ap ples it works fine.

It is a constant speed device where one can read the draw in watts for different coil core combinations. As long as you don't get to great a difference in load then it behaves benignly.

Interesting point developed yesterday. Sort of a guess but with one inch magnets I was assuming a one inch (sq in) core for 60 Hz. So at 270 Hz I could discount that by at least four, so 1/4 of 1 is .25 sq inches, which is a core 1/2 by 1/2 inches.
(12.7 X 12.7 mm)

But here is the interesting point, it makes quite a difference which way the laminations lie.

With the test core at the six o'clock position and the laminations vertical...

The core drew 22.5 watts and the temperature rose 16C (in five minutes)

With the laminations horizontal....

The core drew 16.8 watts, and the temperature rise was 8C

So the magnet should pass along the width of the lamination, not across it.

Ron

hydrocontrol

Quote from: i_ron on June 03, 2009, 11:06:39 AM
But here is the interesting point, it makes quite a difference which way the lamination's lie.
With the test core at the six o'clock position and the lamination's vertical...
The core drew 22.5 watts and the temperature rose 16C (in five minutes)

With the lamination's horizontal....

The core drew 16.8 watts, and the temperature rise was 8C

Ron

Wow.. This is a very important find.. This means I might still be able to use my MOV transformers for initial research. I wonder if Thane ever noticed this effect.

derricka

I'm sure Thane knows about this effect, as eddy currents are a well understood phenomenon. When a magnet moves past any electrically conductive metal, it will induce electric eddy currents. These eddy currents behave much like the swirling rings of water that you get when dragging an oar through water. Unfortunately, eddy currents waste energy (by inducing opposing magnetic fields), so the trick is to minimize them. The usual solution is to have the core material in thinly insulated sheets (lamination) or particles (ferrite). With laminations, you can carry more magnetic flux, but orientation, and frequency become issues. Ferrites typically carry less flux, but work better at very high frequencies.

To experience the "drag" effect yourself, take a copper or aluminum pipe (angle brackets work too) and drop a small Neo magnet down through it. Notice how it slows down.