Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

aluminum can and copper wire batterys

Started by old man, June 24, 2010, 04:33:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jeanna

Nice job on the video, Pete.

I was not able to see how you make the connection with the 2 al sides and the 1 copper.
I am assuming you connect the 2 al electrodes together as one then use them connected instead of a single electrode. I wanted to confirm this on the magnesium too. It is a good idea.

I couldn't see through the snarl of wires ( ;) ), but please verify this for me. I like the concept. It is like making a parallel element before adding the copper to give it more mA.

jeanna

PeteIdl4

Quote from: jeanna on June 29, 2010, 11:01:27 PM
Nice job on the video, Pete.

I was not able to see how you make the connection with the 2 al sides and the 1 copper.
I am assuming you connect the 2 al electrodes together as one then use them connected instead of a single electrode. I wanted to confirm this on the magnesium too. It is a good idea.

I couldn't see through the snarl of wires ( ;) ), but please verify this for me. I like the concept. It is like making a parallel element before adding the copper to give it more mA.

jeanna

Hi Jeanna,
Thank you and yes, you are correct. Each cell has both Al pieces wired together then used as a single electrode to run in series with the other cells. It is the same with my Magnesium one also, although I've only made one of those. Sorry for the mess of wires in the video ;D

-Pete

The Observer

Greetings,

The Penny Pill  Battery Experiment is going well.
4 days and Counting... the batteries run better on their side for some reason,
LED is running Bright.

Anyways... I do have an Invention.
It could be a World Changer.

I'm thinking a (2 different metal)/(tap water) Battery could run for years if not a decade.
       Could be wrong... but I am an optimist. ;o)

A large scale model of this that charges your 12Volt Battery system used in Solar/ Wind 24/7 might be the ticket.... Yea

jeanna

I moved this over from the joule thief thread since it is about batteries.

Quote from: The Observer on June 30, 2010, 12:37:38 PM

Jeanna,

I have not tried charging a NiMh with the pill jars yet...
     At this point it is next to a forgone conclusion that will work.
           The Pill Jars give off Amps and Volts just like any other power supply.
                   The more Pennies the more Amps... (voltage stays the same)

I am curious how long they will last.
I think you kinda figured that.

The Observer
Yes,
My question was about usefulness.
I understand that theoretically it will work.

So, because I was not very clear when I asked it before, (my apologies) I will ask it this way:

Will the recharging ability of these pre-1983 pennies with zinc (slugs? or a) bolt be a reasonable resource over time?
They corrode terribly and if they only last 3 hours before you must take them apart and sand them down, will it be worth it at all?

I am not asking a theoretical question.
It was my first electrical experiment to make a penny/zinc galvanic battery, and yes it worked. I forget how long it was in the electrolyte, but when I walked past it one time, (maybe after only 3 hours)  it had gone out and it was badly corroded. That is why I ask.

thank you,

jeanna

The Observer

Jeanna,

The Penny Pill Jar Joule Thief is on it's 5th day and going strong.
I did put in a tiny bit of water last night.
They also  run a lot better on their sides...(Bolt parallel with the ground).

Because it is running on water... I wonder if there will be much degradation or electroplating.
As long as the ingredients stay the same, I don't see why this wouldn't run for years.
Of course. this is the 5th day...
After a few months I would start talking pretty confidently. ;o)

The Observer