Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Toroidal Motor

Started by gravityblock, February 17, 2009, 03:53:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Low-Q

Quote from: broli on March 31, 2009, 02:29:23 PM
I don't quite understand why the flux crosses the wire like you mention. Can you make a drawing of this?
In the attached picture you can see a fluxline is crossing the airgap inside the shield. You think "Only one?, that is nothing compared to the other ones in the shield!!". Well the flux density is very weak inside there, but the travelspeed of that flux is extremely fast compared to the speed of the shielding. All fluxlines must pass this gap in order to come over to the other side, and that means they must speed up quite much in order to account for every fluxlines that the shield is crossing.

Vidar

broli

Quote from: Low-Q on March 31, 2009, 03:15:28 PM
In the attached picture you can see a fluxline is crossing the airgap inside the shield. You think "Only one?, that is nothing compared to the other ones in the shield!!". Well the flux density is very weak inside there, but the travelspeed of that flux is extremely fast compared to the speed of the shielding. All fluxlines must pass this gap in order to come over to the other side, and that means they must speed up quite much in order to account for every fluxlines that the shield is crossing.

Vidar

Low-q what have you been smoking  :o. What's the point of the shield if it doesn't shield lol. The reason why the flux inside is 0 or very weak is because the field caused by the inside wall of the shield cancels the outside incoming field just like the concept of a static electric shield. What is so hard to get about this? I already told you a few times now. But I haven't explained how. Everything gets very simple if you replace the magnets with electro-magnets. In this case you have to replace the shield with some type of circuit configuration. Then you will see why it "shields".

Btw your simulation tells me the shield is coming from the left/right not the bottom.

Edit: I just did my own simulation and the strength of the field gets linearly weaker at the center with the relative permeability of the material. So if the relative permeability was 100 the field inside is 100 times weaker than outside. If it is 1 000 000 it is 1 000 000 weaker inside.

Low-Q

Quote from: broli on March 31, 2009, 03:24:23 PM
Low-q what have you been smoking  :o. What's the point of the shield if it doesn't shield lol. The reason why the flux inside is 0 or very weak is because the field caused by the inside wall of the shield cancels the outside incoming field just like the concept of a static electric shield. What is so hard to get about this? I already told you a few times now. But I haven't explained how. Everything gets very simple if you replace the magnets with electro-magnets. In this case you have to replace the shield with some type of circuit configuration. Then you will see why it "shields".

Btw your simulation tells me the shield is coming from the left/right not the bottom.

Edit: I just did my own simulation and the strength of the field gets linearly weaker at the center with the relative permeability of the material. So if the relative permeability was 100 the field inside is 100 times weaker than outside. If it is 1 000 000 it is 1 000 000 weaker inside.
As I said, the flux density is very low inside the shielding, and that is because the shield is a magnetic conductor that guides the magnetic flux outside an area with much lower permeability - we can agree with that. However, this field inside the empty space IS still present, and is moving across this empty space as well as the shield moves along the magnet - we are talking about motion, an object that is crossing a bunch of magnetic lines. All these magnetic lines can't move through the shield without crossing the air in the middle. At some point a magnetic line must decide to jump to the other side. In this jump, the magnetic line is crossing the emty area in the middle - in a very high speed. The speed of this jump corresponds perfectly with the flux density inside the empty space.
As you know, a given EMF is given by a given number of magnetic lines per time crossing a wire, and are not determind by the magnetic flux density alone - time is the second factor. If you have a weak magnetic field you must move the wire faster to obtain the same EMF. That is what happening inside the empty space inside the shield when you MOVE the shield through a magnetic flux. The number of lines per time that is crossing the wire inside it, is the very same number as there wasnt a shield at all, except the flux density is much lower and the flux speed is much higher. Hence there will be a counter EMF generated where the wire is "shielded".

Just try it in practice, and you'll understand these principles.

Vidar

broli

Low-Q. Let me apologize in advance. You are full of shit.

FIRST of all. What you just said makes completely no sense to me. Where do all these conclusions come from? Are you basing them on the induction law, Lorentz force law, relativity...?

SECOND of all. The motor will have the magnets rotating not the conductors. It's in the generator setup where both will be attached to each other and forced to rotate without any counter torque arising.

Low-Q use some sources when you want to educate me. I'm willing to learn but it doesn't have to sound like you're pulling information out of your ass. But maybe it's just me.

Maybe there is indeed a single flux line that "moves" so fast that it makes up for all the loss of the channeled flux lines....no fuck that, that makes no sense at all ;D.

gravityblock

If what Low-Q is saying is true, then why not have a small coil in the empty space where the turns of wire are running in different directions to cancel the flux?

Only asking this question for learning purposes and not trying to complicate this.

Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, and expecting a different result.

God will confuse the wise with the simplest things of this world.  He will catch the wise in their own craftiness.