Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Toroidal Motor

Started by gravityblock, February 17, 2009, 03:53:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Low-Q

Quote from: gravityblock on April 01, 2009, 04:20:36 AM
In jadaros setup, the fields are changing relative to the rotation of the disk.  No rotation of the disk equals no change in the field for the disk (You're right when it's not rotating).  Rotation of the disk equals a change in the field for the disk (You're wrong when it rotates).  This is easily seen with the black dot.  This is not a homopolar motor.

How does the field change in a homopolar motor when the magnet is rotating on it's magnetic axis?  A black dot on top of the rotating magnet, will not see a change in the magnetic field.  Since the electrical current is not changing, then how does this change the magnetic field for the black dot?

Requirements for a Homopolar motor:

1) Electrical current does not change.
2) Strength of magnetic field does not change.
3) Orientation of the magnetic field does not change, relative to the rotation of the conductor or coil. (jadaro's setup fails this requirement for a homopolar motor when it's rotating

I've come to accept the fact that nobody will agree with anyone.  As long as we can make progress disagreeing, then so be it.......lol

The black dot is the observer.  How can you disagree with the black dot?   ;D
The current that is going from the edge to the center of a homopolar motor, is creating a circular magnetic field, according to the right hand rule. This magnetic field will move the magnetic flux in the magnet angular to the radial current direction, and compress the magnetic field on one side, and expand the magnetic field on the other side. This magnetic flux difference, the rotating magnet wants to recover, so it is forced to rotate. When the magnet has spun up to the rpm required to generate the very same counter EMF, THEN there is no change in the mgnetic field seen by the black dot.

However, the system is not 100% efficient so the black dot, in addition to become very dizzy, it will feels a change in the magnetic field every time it is passing the radial current flow.

So the black dot is wrong, therfor I disaggree with it. It is often hard to discuss with a black dot, but this time I know I'm right, and the dot is wrong :)

Vdar

gravityblock

Quote from: Low-Q
The current that is going from the edge to the center of a homopolar motor, is creating a circular magnetic field, according to the right hand rule. This magnetic field will move the magnetic flux in the magnet angular to the radial current direction, and compress the magnetic field on one side, and expand the magnetic field on the other side. This magnetic flux difference, the rotating magnet wants to recover, so it is forced to rotate. When the magnet has spun up to the rpm required to generate the very same counter EMF, THEN there is no change in the mgnetic field seen by the black dot.

However, the system is not 100% efficient so the black dot, in addition to become very dizzy, it will feels a change in the magnetic field every time it is passing the radial current flow.

So the black dot is wrong, therfor I disaggree with it. It is often hard to discuss with a black dot, but this time I know I'm right, and the dot is wrong Smiley

Vidar

You said in a previous post, that a homopolar generator can't be used as a motor (current in the disk will not cause the magnet to spin on it's magnetic axis).  Now you say that a radial current flowing from the edge to center of a homopolar motor, which is no different in how the current flows in a HPG, causes the magnet to spin on it's magnetic axis (It can do it in the motor, but can't do it in the generator).  :o 

One of your statements is wrong and you can't be correct.   ;D
Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, and expecting a different result.

God will confuse the wise with the simplest things of this world.  He will catch the wise in their own craftiness.

broli

jadaro2600 ...WRONG. No matter how you orient the wire no matter how creative you are in doing that the force will always and always point in the same direction. You don't even have to apply the ampere force to show this. The Biot-Savart/Lorentz law shows this but what they don't show is the correct reaction force but that doesn't matter now. Take a paper replace the magnet by a a circular circuit and draw out the result, then try to approach it from its perimeter and find out what the force will always be. If you want to stick to something wrong at least use it the right way.

Here's another thing you should think about jadaro2600. If you attach this outside wire to the magnet according to you the whole thing will still rotate since it's the current of the coating that drags everything with it according to you. Well this is wrong, if you attach it to the magnet nothing will happen. But I'm sure you will have a nice excuse for this as well.

broli

Since Last night I was looking for a way to get rid of the shielding and I believe I finally did it using only coils. I have to thank Klaus Halbach for his Halbach-array for the inspiration. Will post a rendition shortly.

Low-Q

Quote from: gravityblock on April 01, 2009, 06:54:23 AM
You said in a previous post, that a homopolar generator can't be used as a motor (current in the disk will not cause the magnet to spin on it's magnetic axis).  Now you say that a radial current flowing from the edge to center of a homopolar motor, which is no different in how the current flows in a HPG, causes the magnet to spin on it's magnetic axis (It can do it in the motor, but can't do it in the generator).  :o 

One of your statements is wrong and you can't be correct.   ;D
I think I said that a toroid generator cannot be used as a motor. I can explain why this is the case if you want.

Vidar